Child and Adult Care Food Program in Kansas
Child Care Food Program

Child Care Food Program in Kansaschild care food program

The Family Conservancy is a sponsoring agency for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). CACFP provides aid to family child care homes for the provision of nutritious foods that contribute to the wellness, healthy growth, and development of young children.

To participate, family child care providers must be licensed and care for at least one child other than their own.

  • Reimburses family child care providers the cost of nutritious meals and snacks
  • Educates providers and keeps them current on nutrition information
  • Delivers creative, nutritious, time-saving menu ideas
  • Teaches children good eating habits that lead to strong bodies and alert minds
  • Is available for children and child care providers of all economic levels

To learn more about the financial benefits and other resources available through the CACFP please contact please contact Kay Bender at 1-800-755-0838 or 913-742-4139.


Why Choose The Family Conservancy

The Family Conservancy's Child and Adult Care Food Program uses a program called KidKare to manage all your childcare needs! You can use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to enroll children, plan menus, view reports, and so much more!

Frequently Asked Questions

What can I expect?
Participants in The Family Conservancy’s CACFP receive complete nutrition and meal planning information, plus creative, time-saving ideas. These resources make it easy for providers to prepare wholesome, nutritious menus from the food groups approved by the USDA. As you become familiar with required planning and recordkeeping, you’ll find that a few minutes each day is all it takes to prepare menus for monthly approval and financial reimbursement.

Where does the money come from?
CACFP is funded by your tax dollars through the USDA and is part of the federal Child Nutrition Program, as is the National School Lunch Program.

Can I claim my own children?
If your family income falls within USDA guidelines and have other children enrolled, you are eligible to claim your own children under the age of 13.

Will I receive training?
A nutrition specialist will visit your home a minimum of three times a year to provide on-site training and support. You’ll also be alerted to nutrition workshops scheduled throughout the year.


For family child care providers who are enrolled in the Child and Adult Care Food Program through The Family Conservancy.

To authorize online menu reporting, the "Authorization for Online Menu Reporting" must be submitted to our office by U.S. mail and you will receive a PIN number from us (via email) to activate the process.