Join our Head Start team! Be part of a program that serves families and children ages 3 to 5 in our community. This position supports the Burlington Head Start program in North Kansas City serving around 70 children and the Northland Head Start program located on the Maple Woods Community College Campus.
Develop relationships with families while communicating about their child care fees. Work in close partnership with other team members to ensure policies and procedures are followed for assigned human resource and business functions. Key responsibilities include: timekeeping, child care subsidy billing, processing accounts payable and ensuring accounts receivables are up to date.
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City’s mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Act as a liaison between administration and the center including relaying information and training associates on new and existing procedures.
- Process parent payments, provide parents with receipts and adjust co-payments as needed.
- Document parent payment log, deposit payments.
- Communicate account balances, send out accounts receivable letters, and set up payment plans with parents. Program Directors and Business Directors should discuss parent plan arrangements.
- Ensure assigned Human Resources functions are competed.
- Assist with reviewing and running background screenings on associates.
- Accurate and timely submission of associate paperwork.
- Responsible for timekeeping processes and completing weekly payroll approval.
- Maintain and monitor paper and electronic associate files according to required guidelines.
- Meet with families at enrollment to complete a financial orientation.
- Process all accounts payable, including purchase orders, on a daily basis ensuring all invoices and check requests are complete and accurate.
- Monitor financial systems for accuracy of accounts payable.
- File reports, purchase requests/purchase orders and other fiscal records for recordkeeping purposes.
- Administer, record and reconcile petty cash monthly.
- Gather in-kind sheets, calculate sheets, and input into spreadsheet for assigned center(s).
- Acts as member of the support team at assigned center, may be requested to provide support in a classroom or at welcome center. May have regular opening and closing responsibilities.
- Covers centers when Head Start Business Directors are out of the office or position is vacant.
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of supplies for the program.
- Monitor accounts receivables follow-up on late payments to make adjustments.
- Regularly meet with Program Director to communicate status of and resolve areas of concern with accounts receivable.
- Complete DFS billing and input onto month-end accrual spreadsheet by noon on the first business day of each month.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or business degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years business experience.
- Able to make independent and sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to exercise high levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to new software.
- Able to work with diverse groups of people in a friendly and consistent manner.
- Sensitivity to individuals representing a variety of family, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.