World Builders Academy is an RIE and Reggio-Inspired private school that offers educational programs for learners 18 months to lower elementary (Grade 4). With our partner company Generation Maker Lab, we offer developmentally appropriate STEAM curriculum focused on relationship-building between child, teacher and the family, social emotional learning, group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and cognitive learning through hands-on interactive play environments. We are located in a newly renovated facility on a 2-acre property in the Parkville area in Kansas City. Our school aims to provide an environment that supports young people to understand themselves in their community and build the confidence to engage as an active part of their world.
We are seeking applicants for our toddler class (age 18 mo. - 3 yrs), Pre-school/Pre-K class (age 3-5), and school age program (K - 3).
Classroom ratios are:
Toddler class 1:6, Preschool/Pre-K class 1:8, and school-age class 1:8.
Compensation: Depending on experience
Assistant Teacher Range: $17 - $19 per hour
Lead Teacher : $35,568 - $43,000 Exempt Salaried position
Training for Reggio-Emilia inspired curriculum provided.
- 10 Federal Holidays off
- Annual PTO one week in August
- Spring Break week off
- Optional paid summer session teaching for Pre-K Program
- Continuous training in Reggio Emilia and RIE philosophies and their application in the classroom
- One Teacher planning day per month.
- Quarterly Health and Healing Massage or Chiropractic service
- Annual 4-day Summer Teacher Research Retreat
A qualified candidate will be dependable and have had child care experience outside of personal family care for the ages they are applying. Candidates must be ready to be an active and compassionate advocate for children’s rights in their learning environment. Candidates are team players and have tenacity to find solutions to challenges that may present in a classroom environment. The right candidate will be a valuable part of our teacher collaborative.
Although highly desired, candidates do not need to have prior experience in RIE or Reggio Emilia Philosophy in a professional childcare setting. Training opportunities are available to the right candidate. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply. Proof of up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination is required.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Lead teachers will utilize school curriculum standards and developing lesson plans
- Assistant teacher will be responsible for supporting school curriculum and lead teachers
- Assesses each child's academic and behavioral development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with curriculum and programming.
- Provides clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in Employee Handbook
- Curriculum planning
- Family support and communication / interaction
- Collect child documentation and provide child assessments
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
The right candidate is :
- Knowledgeable about developmental milestones for young children
- Ready to learn new things and willing to try unfamiliar pedagogy and techniques
- Creative and resourceful.
- Respectful and productively observant
- Able to use their creativity to make engaging learning opportunities.
- Able to think in the moment and on their feet
- Inventive has the ability to nurture.
- Has a specialty such as an artist, a mathematician, a musician, a writer, a technologist, a historian, a gamer, a craft artist.
- Able to provide three positive character and/or professional references
- College class work in early childhood education, child development or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in a Reggio-Inspired program
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed or license-exempt early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- 2 or 4-year degree in early childhood education or related field preferred, but not required