You can Rewrite Stories this Holiday Season
Will you help us celebrate #GivingTuesday -- a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, Nov. 29, you can join charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world in celebrating and harnessing the life-changing power of generosity.
Here's how you can help:
- Make a donation. Consider taking a sack lunch or skipping your morning coffee and donating the savings. Read John's story to learn how you can rewrite stories in our community.
- Launch a personal fundraising campaign on Facebook. If you're one of the 79 percent of Americans who'd rather have a charitable gift made in their honor than receive a gift they won't use, this is the perfect way to let your friends know, and support Kansas City children and families.
- Tweet, share, forward, follow or post. It's as easy as copying and pasting any, or all, of the messages below.
Here are some samples to get you started:
- In recognition of #GivingTuesdayKC, I'd like to share a story from @TheFamilyConservancy (be sure and tag us so we can see) that showcases the powerful impact charitable giving has in the Kansas City community. https://bit.ly/givngtues
- Seventy-nine percent of Americans, me included, would rather have a charitable gift made in their honor than receive a gift they won't use. #GivingTuesdayKC
- You #eatlocalkc. You #shoplocalkc. Why not give local? Consider @TheFamilyConservancy. #GivingTuesdayKC
- $5 can provide 10 books to kids in Kansas City. Give to @TheFamilyConservancy this #GivingTuesdayKC.
- Let your friends, family and colleagues know why and you support strong families and quality early education.
- Share a story or video that inspired you. Check out our YouTube channel for some great ideas.