Child Care Food Program

Child and Adult Care Food Program in Kansas

The Family Conservancy is a sponsoring agency for the Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). CACFP helps family child care homes provide nutritious foods that contribute to the wellness, healthy growth, and development of young children.

To participate, family child care providers must be licensed and care for at least one child other than their own.

Child Care Food Program Benefits

  • Reimburses family child care providers the cost of nutritious meals and snacks
  • Educates providers and keeps them current on nutrition information
  • Delivers creative, nutritious, time-saving menu ideas
  • Teaches children good eating habits that lead to strong bodies and alert minds
  • Provides free Access to KidKare Child Care Management Tools

Find out how you can receive free money for healthy foods by contacting Kay Bender at 1-800-755-0838 or 913-742-4139.

Free Access to KidKare Child Care Management Tools

When you enroll in CACFP with The Family Conservancy, you receive a free membership to KidCare. KidKare is a business management software specifically designed for child care providers. You can use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to enroll children, plan menus, view reports, and so much more!

Frequently Asked Questions about CACFP

What can I expect?

Participants in The Family Conservancy’s CACFP receive complete nutrition and meal planning information, plus creative, time-saving ideas. These resources make it easy for providers to prepare wholesome, nutritious menus from the food groups approved by the USDA. As you become familiar with required planning and recordkeeping, you’ll find that a few minutes each day is all it takes to prepare menus for monthly approval and financial reimbursement.

Where does the money come from?

CACFP is funded by your tax dollars through the USDA and is part of the federal Child Nutrition Program, as is the National School Lunch Program.

Can I claim my own children?

If your family income falls within USDA guidelines and have other children enrolled, you are eligible to claim your own children under the age of 13.

Will I receive training?

A nutrition specialist will visit your home a minimum of three times a year to provide on-site training and support. You’ll also be alerted to nutrition workshops scheduled throughout the year.

For family child care providers who are already enrolled with The Family Conservancy

To authorize online menu reporting, theAuthorization for Online Menu Reporting must be submitted to our office by U.S. mail and you will receive a PIN number from us (via email) to activate the process.