You can provide exceptional services to children and their families by becoming a Head Start provider.
The benefits of providing Head Start services through your family child care are:
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular on-site visits with a trained Child and Family Development Specialist
- Income stipends
- Career development
- Community and peer networking
- A developmentally appropriate education curriculum
- High quality services for all children and families in your program
- Must hold a Missouri family child care home license
- Serve 3- to 5-year-old children
- Maintain required liability insurance on all children
- Be at least 21 years of age and have previous child care experience
- Have a minimum Child Development Associate credential or begin studying for a CDA after enrolling in the Head Start Family Child Care Program
Available to providers in Jackson, Clay and Platte counties in Missouri.
To get started
Please contact our Head Start Director Pam Black at 913-342-1110 ext. 1920.