Using Play to Encourage Brain Development
- Give your baby time to move and play with you.
- Look and smile at your baby. Let your baby watch your face and follow your movements.
- Play with your baby using rattles, toys, and games like peek-a-boo.
- Talk to your baby during these activities.
- Children learn when they play.
- Give your child time to explore new objects, places and people. Play outside often.
- Play make-believe with your child. Use
- dress-up clothes, puppets, boxes, pots and pans.
- Play with toys and create things using blocks, crayons, play dough, sandboxes and playgrounds.
- Follow what your child is interested in when playing together.
- Describe what your child is doing.
- Pretend to cook, clean, care for babies,
- dress up and go to work.