Do Something Today!
Simple fundraising ideas to help support TFC
1. Corporate Jean’s Day – talk with your company about supporting a ‘dress-down’ day for their employees. Select a day of the week where employees can
wear jeans in return for a donation.
2. Day of Change (or week, or month) – develop a coin collection at your place of work to collect as much change as possible. Make the stakes higher by developing
a contest between departments or offices.
3. First Fridays – employees prepare and bring potluck dishes on the first Friday of each month for lunch. A monetary donation has to be made in order to participate
in eating. This could be a one-day or a weekly event.
4. Bingo Night – for example, Hamburger Mary’s in Kansas City hosts a charity bingo program. Coordinate with the restaurant for a TFC Bingo Night where all
money raised from ticket sales goes to TFC.
5. Employee Payroll Giving – conduct an employee giving campaign through automatic paycheck deductions. TFC’s staff can help host a kickoff meeting.
6. Gourmet Giving – does your office provide soda or coffee for free to employees? If so, arrange for gourmet coffee or hot chocolate in place of the regular drinks
and request a dollar donation per drink.
7. The Family Conservancy Night out – pair up with a local restaurant where a percentage of money raised on a predetermined day goes to TFC.
8. Host a Party/Happy Hour
a. Charity for Gold – host a night where your friends all bring unwanted gold jewelry as a donation. All items are sent via a ‘cash for gold’ program with all monies raised sent to TFC
b. Donations for Drinks (or dinner) – contact TFC about items from our agency Wish List then invite guests to a Happy Hour (or dinner) at your home. The only requirement to attend is that guests bring an item from our list.
c. Tea for Toddlers – is lunch more your thing? Then host a tea party with friends where guests are asked to bring toddler-specific items to the event.
Ideas here are endless, if you’re interested in hosting a party a member of The Family Conservancy staff will help you with details (in picking a program, finalizing wish list, helping with marketing materials, etc).